Londrina, Brazil

Londrina, Brazil

Thursday, July 12, 2018

May 21

Speaking about packages, I got the one that was made by the dude in Londrina last week. That really helps. My new companion almost cried. I have been sharing my stuff with him. The other missionaries in the zone as well have been enjoying the snacks lol.
So this week went by pretty fast actually. Tuesday I went to Londrina and stayed until thursday. Thursday I got unpacked and got to see a bit of the area. Friday we had a normal day of work, and saturday we spent the day interviewing the people that were in concideration of baptism. I greatful for this new week to start so that I can actually start the work up here in my new area with my companion Elder Rocha.  




So, Elder Rocha ended up being a rather cool guy. 
Saturday I got to go back to Arapongas for a baptismal interview!! There was a youth activity that involved the whole ward afterwards and so I got to see all my old friends. It was amazing! I couldnt stop smiling the whole night. Everyone had missed me. I was surprised by two things as well. One, nobody had forgotten my name. Two, almost everyone had thought that I had finished my mission already and was there just to visit the ward lol. i guess it is quite weird to see one of your ward´s missionaries after a year. It is probably incommon. But it was really nice to catch up with the good members that helped me so much while I was there.
I caught a cold this weekend. In presidente Prudente it was in the mid 80s everyday. I thought it would be the same here in apucarana. However it is not... It has been in the 40s and 50s all week. We are all dying cold. I go out with two layers of pants and three layers of shirts and jackets, and gloves and that weird thing that you put on your head in the cold. Who would have thunk that it would be so cold here when it was so hot just 200 miles north of here. But, I have been pretty sick these past few days and it hasn´t been fun. The members all got a kick out of the american that was cold in 40 degree weather. They think that everywhere in the states is utah lol. But we think that everywhere in brasil is jungly and hot. Funny right?
But I am looking forward to this week. Hopefully we can find some cool people and baptize them.
Have a great week. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment