Londrina, Brazil

Londrina, Brazil

Friday, December 2, 2016

Arrived!

Hey guys! I arrived to my first area! I am in the city of Londrina in Antares. My companion´s name is elder Oto. He is from Fortaleza. He has only been out for three months and he is already a trainer. I am his second companion. He speaks super fast lol. The field is already difficult and I have only just arrived and have not started teaching lol. However it is a process. Sometimes it is hard to stay calm because you wish to know all the words and be able to speak perfectly but do not have the ability yet. However I am doing well. Just have to stay calm and do my best with the language. My companion is really nice so that is a great thing for me. So our flight was at 7:30 yesterday morning, and we had to get up at 3:00. So yesterday was a long day. Especially because our flight was delayed until 11:30. Then we got to Londrina at about 12:20, and were greeted by the APs and the Mission President and his wife. They are super cool and very nice. We had lunch with all the trainers and the mission president and his wife upon arriving at his apartment. Then we got our companions and had like an introduction to the brasil londrina mission meeting that seemed like forever. It probably was only two hours but two hours of focusing on each individual word that is spoken and show is pretty hard. The day I can passively understand everything will be so great. They say it only takes 3 months. I guess I will find out. Then we went to a bus station and waited there for an hour for a ride to our new homes. Then we unpacked and went to bed at 1:00. A long 22 hour day. Then you wake up at 6:30 and go again lol. The house I am staying at is pretty nice. However we do not have warm water, so my shower this morning was great lol. Like the Samoan showers we took. But everything is nice. We have a ceiling ang a floor and a smal plug in fan. That is vital for survival. It is very warm and there are no air conditioners anywhere. Not in the home, the church, the stores, anywhere lol. I will always appreciate warm water and air conditioning now. lol I am very excited to be here and desire much to help others and have baptisms because they apparently have a lot here. I just hope that the language will get easier quickly. So I guess you can pray for me to help me learn the languge and have the gift of tongues. Thanks. My Pday is on Monday each week now so you will always know when I will write. Same as in the states. I am glad that everyone is doing well and you had a good holiday week at home. Must have been weird being home. Well I got to run. I love you guys and stay safe! ,Elder Worsley​

No comments:

Post a Comment