Londrina, Brazil

Londrina, Brazil

Friday, December 9, 2016

Hey guys! How is it going? Life here is pretty nice, but it is super hard learning Portuguese. I can barely understand anything. I pray almost every second of the day for help. I want to help the people and share the gospel but it is pretty hard. Miracles come after the trial of your faith right? That is what I have been clinging onto. I am learning a lot about faith here. I cannot wait for the day I can understand the people and speak back about anything. I only get 30 minutes of language study 3 days a week and so that makes it difficult as well. The people here always complement my portuguese but I feel like it is not very good. Thank you for always emailing me and giving me quotes. That really helps me. I am glad you guys had a great week and got to go to the temple. I will not get to go until I get back home. That was kind of sad to here for me. I am so greatful I worked in the temple before serving here. Always repeating the initatory blessings helps. I am also super greatful to have an amazing family and amazing parents that raised me so well and taught me to be firm in the gospel and always try to be positive and hope for the best. I really do love you guys. So yes I live with 3 other missionaries. My companion and my Zone Leaders. I do not cook. We only eat one meal a day here and that is lunch. Luckily we have members that feed us lunch every day.The food here is awesome, but the water is sooo bad lol. Everyone here likes to drink juice because the water is bad. For me at the house, when I drink water, I have to have like a piece of candy in my mouth or food to get rid of the taste of the water. Generally the rich people have good water so theirs is nice. We get 150 Reals each month for grocies but for the first two months we only get 100 so we can have enough for our reserve fund if we need to get to the mission president. 1 Real is like 3.30 Dollars so we do not get much to live on. Hence why we eat only once. Food here, well everything, is pretty expensive. I think I get to watch the devotional at church this saturday but I do not know. It is hard to translate and understand.People here do not go all out for christmas, but they do celebrate it. The rich people have little two foot christmas trees and presents and everyone else just has a big meal. We will get to skype on christmas so that will be nice. But we have not been really celebrating it here. We sang christmas songs in church, but that has been the only thing. Everyone here has gates and walls because everyone is insecure so we clap outside the wall as if it were a knock. That is weird to me. Everyone is catholic here so proselyting is hard. We ask every house we knock for a cup of water and they always give it. This way we can share a message without them running lol. The culture is pretty different but not in a bad way. Please pray for me to learn the language. I am struggling pretty bad with it. I have cried a lot for not knowing the language and could use the extra boost. Thanks, I love you all so very much! Elder Worsley

No comments:

Post a Comment