Londrina, Brazil

Londrina, Brazil

Monday, April 2, 2018

March 12

This week went pretty well. we had a pday with all of the zone leaders in the mission and president pereira in londrina monday. Then we had our leadership council on tuesday. Wednesday and thursday I did splits with Elder Modesto. Then on friday and saturday I travelled a lot to do some baptismal interviews. Then I went to church on sunday with Elder Gomez, this one is from Argentina lol. It is hard when their are two and they are from the same area. Then there is a sister Gomez as well in the district lol. But this week was super crazy and rather exhausting. I didnt even get to work in my area. Hopefully this week I will be able to work in my area. I need someone to baptize in my area!!!
I had a really spiritual experience in a baptismal interview. I met the man to be interviewed and found him to be a very humble and faithful man. H didnt really say much but the spirit was crazy. Hopefully this spirit doesnt fade away after the mission or I would be seriously depressed... Anyways Manuel is a 54 year old man. I asked him the simple questions and he replied simply with a yes or an umhum or a nod of a head to respond to my questions. When i asked him about the word of wisdom he told me about his fight that he has been fighting to quit smoking for the past 40 years. We read mathew 21: 19-22, ether 12:27, and mathew 9:20-22. Out of no where my tone changed and it was purely the spirit speaking. I dont know what I said, all I know is of the unforgettable spirit that we felt in that room. We both cried. Then I promised him that jesus would hug him as he arose out of the waters of baptism. we left the interview and the man was so happy. He was baptized by a huge 6 foot 4 loving Brasilian named Rafael, and it was one of the cleanest baptisms that I had ever seen. Whe Manuel came out of the waters Rafael gave him a huge hug and I busted out crying and the spirit reminded me of the promise that I had given to Manuel. The sisters even mentioned that they had never seen one of their leaders cry because of a baptism in which the leader had never even met 10 minutes beforehand. Man the mission is awesome. Hopefuly this week will be just as much of a spiritual feast and a delight. 
have a great week! I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment