Londrina, Brazil

Londrina, Brazil

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Apr 16

       Hey guys!!!!!! I have scary news!!!! EEEEEEEEEEE...... President pereira told me when my departure date would be to come home!!!! man it seems so close. Here´s the date. September 19th!!!! Here in 5 months and 3 days I´ll be catching my flight home! Sweet!! All I need to know now is to where i will be returning to tell my son, elder Nicolau the executive secretary so that I fly to the correct place, wether it be Texas or Florida. You guys decide and let me know as soon as possible please.
       This week went pretty well. We had transfers and i am really enjoying the two new elders that are living with us. Elder Reinoso is Ecuadorian and Elder Lavering is from seattle washington. They are pretty crazy and love to work hard! They are super motivated and will help the zone a lot. Reinoso just completed 1 year in the mission and Lavering has 6 months. We also got some new sisters in the zone that are pretty pumped. i am loving that even with all the bad rep that the zone has the people aren´t letting that get to them and are working hard and having great success. One thing that I have noticed is that I ave passed the hardest areas in the hardest zones. I havent been to the Pilar zones or areas of the mission. I may not have the most baptisms but considering all that I have passed I have truly been having amazing success and i am thankful for that. President loves to challenge me to make the weaknesses in the mission stengths like ether 12:27 says, and so far I have been able to overcome the challenges placed upon me. i thank the Lord so much for all my many blessings and for the strengths he has given me and the lessons that i have learned.
This week I had a pretty crazy experience doing contacts with Elder reinoso in our area. We were knocking doors and I went to knock a door and a man in a wheelchair calls over saying that there was noone at that particular house. i went over to him to thank him, and to make a contact. There is a common rule here in Brasil that if someone calls out to you or looks at you for a more than average amount of time it means that they want to be baptized. So i went over to him not knowing how it would be possible to baptize him because of his wheelchair but I went anyways knowing that God would provide the way. We sat and conversed quite a bit and then reinoso got there and then the man´s wife. (their names are carlos and karin btw). Carlos asked us to share a message with them. He said if we didnt God would condemn us and that if he and his wife were to be judged on something that we would have said and didnt that they would be in an innocent state and would accept it gladly on the otherside of the veil. They made a very strong point that we had to share something. Reinoso gave me a look like, "man i dont have a clue what to say." so I said a quick prayer and followed the spirit. Carlos had said that our eyes were full of a spirit of victory and that we were in the command of many hosts of angels. I used that to my advantage and opened up to 1st John and read about love and victory. I related it obedience and baptism. The woman started crying and said that she was like a dry fig tree. Then i opened up mathew 21:21 and shared the stroy about Jesus drying the fig tree and teaching about faith. I taught about the lesson based on faith and Carlos broke down crying as well and reassured his wife that we were heavenly messagers. then he had us respond to a few of his questions. he asked us about our service and our ministry. I knew that this was meant to mean, "How much do they pay you and how much do have to pay weekly to your church ?" I explained that we receive no payment and that we rather pay to be here and that at the church no one asks you insistently to pay the church money. Carlos shouted for glory saying that our church was a church that he had been searching for for some time now. They loved it and invited us to go inside their home and prayer for them. We entered into the home and Carlos had us pray. reinoso prayed. carlos and Karin loved the prayer and said that it was exactly what they were needing to hear. we invited them to church and they accepted. I invited them to be baptized again and they accepted with great passion. However they aren´t married. I invited them to prepare for marriage and they accepted. they even invited us to be their best man and witnesses at the wedding cerimony. It was awesome. The spirit was so strong that no one could deny that it was true and that we had been sent by God to deliver the message that we had to deliver them. They invited us to eat dinner and we refused eventhough we had not eaten all day, so as to leave them felling that great spirit and wanting and yearning for that spirit to return. Upon leaving carlos shouted out to us, "next time you see me I will have smoked and drank less and at my baptism i will be free of these addictions. We went home feeling satisfied. I felt like daniel of old. That was one of the coolest things that I had ever done.
I hope you have a great weak! I love you!!!!
Elder Worsley

No comments:

Post a Comment