Londrina, Brazil

Londrina, Brazil

Monday, May 8, 2017

All about Faith

Whaaaaaa? You guys went to the Jazz Golden State game? Lucky!!!! How was it? Did KD and Curry play? Any sick plays and or dunks?? Wow that must have been awesome. How did Grandpa do? Did he like it? And how is the Park City house? Sounds like you guys are having a blast back home. Here things are starting to finally slow down. I did not get a transfer notification so I will be here with Elder Gomez for another 6 weeks. This week we managed to have one baptism but the others are still possibilities. Everyone uses the I am not prepared or ready excuse. Kind of annoying when you know that the people are ready and that they just have to exert a little more faith but won´t. But at least I was not transfered so I will get to work with everyone some more and see them through to their baptisms. This week we had a miracle happen. We went to this couple´s house to teach them and the woman, Elaine, wanted nothing more to do with the gospel, our lessons, or the church. We got to their home and she was super angry with us. My companion had been pushing them really hard to be baptized and she was angry because of that. However, her husband was completely normal because he would have been baptized the very first day we met him at church. So we left a short message with him and left rather sad. But we called him saturday to arrange a ride to church and he told us he would not need one even though he lives way far a way, 3 miles from the church, has a foot injury, and is 63 years old. So we thought that meant he would not go to church. Almost no one we teach has a car by the way. So we went to church and saw all of our investigators and the less actives we have been teaching except this couple. I was a little down. But I felt prompted to bear my testimony and so I did. Everyone was bearing testimony about the temple and I was kind of ablidged to bear my testimony of the temple lol. But I got up there and boom, there was the couple sitting with the ward mission leader. Sweet! So I bore testimony about the temple, setting goals to reach our miracles, faith, and forgiveness. Then Gomez went and discovered the same thing and bore testimony about faith as well. After the meeting we accompanied everyone to the gospel principles class and had a great discussion about The Church in Our Day. The investigators loved it. After that class, Elaine asked for forgiveness and we were super excited. Then after Priesthood and Relief society a member asked us when Elaine and her husbands´s baptism was to be. We were utterly confused. She then said "Elaine told me that she wanted to be baptized today with her husband." ......... HUH???!!! Where is she? Where is she??? We ran and found her and she told us she was sorry again and said that there was a reason that they felt at home in our church and they said it was because they knew it was true. So we set a date for saturday and they will be baptized on saturday. What a story huh? Just goes to show that God´s time table is different than ours and that we ought not give up on people and ought to exhort a little more faith in The Lord in all things. But this week went really well. My companion was angry with me for a few days, but what can you do about something that is out of your control. But he told some members and myself that I was his favorite and best companion yet. So although you may have a hard relationship, you can still make a difference in the lives of others. Love when it is hard to love, and everyone will be blessed. And sunday I will be able to skype. You guys are only two hours behind us right? If so I will skype you guys at 4 o'clock here in Brasil which would be 2 o´clock over there. And I think it would be better if you guys skyped from the church, or one of Dad´s offices because the internet at home is pretty slow and last time it was pretty hard to relay our messages. What are your plans? Also what are the accounts names and passwords? I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment