Londrina, Brazil

Londrina, Brazil

Monday, August 7, 2017

Hey guys? How is it going? Is the beach treating you all well? Haha I told my copmanion that there are brazilians in the neighborhood where you guys are at and he got excited. But I got even more excited haha! I can marry a Brazilian!!! hahahahahah!!! We were dying laughing. Flordia is a central hub for brazilians in the states. I am going to love it for sure. And the house that you guys are in is being rented or did you guys buy it? It looks like a mansion. You guys have to put to good use the pool, golf course, exercising facilities, and tennis courts. Aj is studying forensic sciences? He knows that that is what I studied in the last year of high school for HOSA and participated in the state competition? That is super cool that he has that option. He ought to love it. I sure did. It is very intersting and not too difficult. The Ward there must be huge if it has 4 sets of missionaries.I cannot imagine. Londrina has 8 sets for 600,000. That is 75,000 people per companionship to cover. The city where you guys are at must be gigantic. 4 sets is 300,000 people. But they also have cars and Ipads so it ought to be easier for them. lol But on the brightside we had many miracles this week happen to us. We are working in na área 5 miles away from home and we go the majority of the times on foot. And we had the same guy two times at night pass by and give us a ride home and we did not have to walk the distance. We also met with one of our investigators who had disappeared on the opposite side of the city. Also our investigator Eder had a vission this week. He said he saw two paths. We, the elders, were on one path calling him and on the other path were lots of people walking in darkness. And in the midst of the two paths was a shining light calling to him saying that he had two choices. The one that you choose will lead you to eternal darkness and one will give you na everlasting Peace and joy. You must decide. Then he woke up. he told us the vision he had and we were forced to leave because he had another commitment. He had initially told us he would not be able to go to church with us because he had started working at the supermarket this week and it was his first week and would be forced to work on sunday. However, he told us that he would skip work and go to church with us despite the high possibility of being fired. My companion and I were super happy when we left with the Faith he has in us to skip work and with the vision that he had. We both were thinking about sharing with him the vision of the tree of life in the Book of Mormon. It was super spiritual. But wait.... It gets better.... Sunday we picked him up at his house to take him to church.The previous sunday we had to Wake him up and he went to church in casual clothes. But yesterday when we went to pick him up he was waiting for us at his porch with dress pants, a White shirt, and tie on. First miracle. Second. Sunday was fast and testimony meeting right? My companion and I had already resolved to bear our testimony because of the friction in the Ward. I bore my testimony and sat down with Eder. Eder asked me if anybody could go up there and bear testimony. I said of course, the church does not restrict anyone from bearing testimony. He said alright. I want to bear my testimony but I want you to come with me. And so we went. We got up there and he gave the most beautiful testimony of the restored gospel that I have ever heard from any member and especially any investigator. He talked about the calamities of life outside of church and the great calm within the church. The Peace and happiness that he feels now and how he knows that the gospel and the church is true. He even said that he would futurely like to baptize in the church in front of everyone. And we had no idea that he had a testimony that Strong and that he wanted to be baptized without us even talking about baptism with him. It was amazing. It reinforced my testimony greatly. The Gospel is true. People are not perfect. But the gospel is true. I love you guys! thanks for all that you do for me! Elder Worsley

No comments:

Post a Comment