Londrina, Brazil

Londrina, Brazil

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Sore Toe!

Wow that is insane that it snowed! I would have built me a nice fire in the firepit, sat bundled up in a blanket sipping hot chocolate. That is way too cold for me. Thinking about college at BYU or BYUI might just freeze me to death lol.
This week past by real quick. We had delayed transfers and I ended up staying in my area with my companion. I did a bunch of splits and was able to help 2 people be baptize and help 4 more get ready to be baptized next weekend. 
I also go an ingrown toenail for the first time and I had to go have it surgically removed, wasn´t that fun lol. All the crazy and terrible things about being a missionary and walking 30 miles a day, but on the bright side it shows that I am working hard and the mission paid the medical bill for me lol. I was super afraid to do the surgery and my companion and the other misisonaries weren't exactly passing a good image on how the surgery would go so I though I was going to die losing my toe lol. But I learned from this experience to not have fear of something that might be painful for a small moment if it is something that will help you in your progression in the long run.
We will be having a mission conference with the whole mission here in londrina on the 19th. That is the next big thing that is going to happen here in the mission.
Here in Brazil you would think that the christmas times would be better for the work but it actually gets worse. Everyone travels, everyone has visits in home, and it is so hot that nobody wants to really leave their home. Christmas doesnt really exist really down here. I saw my first christmas tree yesterday and it was the size of half my leg. There are no lights no bells no music no cold lol. But there will be skype which will be fun. I still have to find a place to do the skype still. As we have be travelling a lot lately and doing splits I have been to the ward 3 times out of 8 weeks and we miss a lot of meals with the with the memembers. But it will all work out.
It was my companion's birthday this week so we had two birthday parties that we went too as well. I will get you the pictures next week.
I hope you have a great week and that all the family time goes well. I wish I could be there! I love you guys!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r2Ii3cxzJM at 10 minutes I am bearing a simple testimony about Jesus Christ with my son Elder Nicolau for the christmas devotional that we will be having here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment